SUSTAINABILITY & CERTIFICATIONS
Sustainability at Judah is about minimizing our social and environmental impacts for the benefit of the business, its employees, its customers, stakeholders and the planet we live in.
Our vision is to build a sustainable business by constantly working not only towards improving the bottom-line, but also towards promoting and achieving a safer working environment for our people, by working towards becoming a sustainable business.
Judah’s goals for the future are to reduce the environmental footprint of our operations in order to achieve a healthier and safer working environment for our staff, customers and community by constantly seeking out ways to improve.
Judah recognizes our responsibility in making a genuine commitment to the environment, and aims to achieve and maintain a high standard of environmental care within all areas of its operations.
Judah® products are compliance with :
– 2021,2018 and 2015 International Building Code® (IBC)
– 2021,2018 and 2015 International Residential Code® (IRC)
– California Office of stat wide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD).
– Judah Steel framing systems are members as defined by North American Standard for cold-formed steel framing (AISI S220).
As market leader, we have a reputation for uncompromising quality and total code compliance.
We are committed to being compliant with all laws, regulations and standards, adopting a consultative approach and communicating openly with all stakeholders on environmental issues.
As a business, we are always looking for ways to continually improve our Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 14001. We also manage all processes to minimise waste, promote reuse and recycling principles across the operation, and encourage environmental awareness with all Judah staff and contractors.
WHAT WE DO AS PART OF THIS COMMITMENT
- Our Manufacture team maintain certification of our Environmental Management System to Lloyd’s register ISO 14001 since January 2011.
- Only use recyclable materials in our products and packaging
- Recycled steel content in Judah’s product is maximised, without being detrimental to the quality of the product.
- Undertake independent NATA testing for VOC’s where applicable and only ever uses E0 or E1 graded MDF in our products
Is expected to complete an Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for all our products, end of August 2020. This will allow specifiers to assess the actual amount of energy consumed in manufacturing both raw material and finished goods, as well as packaging.
This is audited annually to ensure it is current and correct.