TOWARDS ZERO HAZARD PROGRAM
“Judah targets forward to zero Hazard with our company safety program”
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY WORKING TOWARDS ZERO?
This program is known as, Towards Zero, and it is designed to;
- Clearly communicate our goal of zero incidents, zero injuries and zero excuses
- Ensure every Judah Steel employee is responsible for their own safety and the safety of others
- Create a strong safety culture at Judah Steel by working together
Zero Incidents: This includes everything from near misses, to accidents, bullying or harassment or inappropriate behaviour.
Zero Injuries: Ranging from a minor incident through to a severe injury
- We put Safety first in every situation
- Every Employee is responsible for their own safety and the safety of others
- All hazards, incidents and injuries are to be reported
- We speak up if we’re aware of any Safety issues or incidents of bullying and harassment
- We will work together to create a strong safety culture at Judah
- Safety will not be driven by cost or resistance to change.
JUDAH TOWARDS ZERO NON-NEGOTIABLES
We know that zero is a big goal for Judah. It goes without saying that closing the gap on zero incidents and injuries is a long-term objective. But together, we are committed to taking steps towards our goal and improving the way we do things year after year. Indeed, every step counts and having a safer workplace for our people makes every effort worthwhile.
To further ensure the safety of our Employees, Contractors and Visitors, Judah has introduced six Towards Zero Non-Negotiables that everyone entering any Judah site must follow.
- “I am responsible for the safety of myself and others”
- “I use appropriate Manual Handling Techniques”
- “I always wear my PPE”
- “I adhere to mobile plant rules”
- “I will follow the isolation procedure”
- “I shall be safe when working off the ground”